Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where I've been

Leaves at Mitaki Temple on a fine spring day.

So I've been gone a while. Maybe you've noticed. Life kinda picked up speed this spring and I simply have not been able to keep up with documenting it all. Since my last post about our jaunt to Yokohama, Joe and I have gone into traveling overdrive, visiting Okinawa, China, Hong Kong and Macau. There was cherry blossom season and all its accompanying flower gazing, and a couple of kimono/yukata wearing lessons, and a lovely afternoon spent at Mitaki Temple. Plus I've picked up two new conversation partners that I'm meeting with each week.

And while I haven't been writing here on Lost in Transition, I've still been periodically contributing to JetWit.com and working quite a bit on the Wide Island View, the Hiroshima JET newsletter turned webzine that I edit with my partner in crime, Joshua Zimmerman. Besides writing some pieces for JET publications in other prefectures to help cross promote our publications, I also recently wrote an article for the May edition of the JET alumni magazine in New York, which will be published soon. And, feather in our cap, the Wide Island View was just named the Best Online Resource of the year by National AJET, which I'm really happy about. I've been working with some of the NAJET representatives and other JET publication editors on creating a new national JET webzine, basically a larger version of the Wide Island View that will make it easy for JETs in every prefecture to create their own online publication in a centralized space.

So things have been fine, just BUSY. But I hate getting so behind in the blog, so I'll be writing more soon about it all. Just thought you should know.